[Tagging] Pedestrian access tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 09:39:23 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 22 Jan 2021, at 23:44, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> I am pretty sure that police would come and check if you
> would try to walk there even beside the street/outside the railings...

police? I would expect you could walk on the grass behind the guard rail, although I would see it more as a possibility for an emergency situation than actually planning to do so for leisure. It’s quite possible that the right of way extends behind the guardrail.

OpenStreetMap tagging could be sidewalk=no and shoulder=no, but only foot=no when it is actually forbidden.
Even if there was a shoulder it wouldn’t be nice or advisable to walk there ;-)

Cheers Martin