[Tagging] Theoretical crosswalks (was Re: Pedestrian access tagging)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Jan 25 11:11:58 UTC 2021

Minh Nguyen wrote:
> As far as I know, the current crop of OSM-based routers doesn't consider
anything about the cross street when trying to cross it.

cycle.travel does. :)

That's using a very heavily customised fork of OSRM. But mainline OSRM is capable of doing it, too - though I'm not aware of any running instances where this is used, and it appears to be a bit suboptimal pending #5131 (hmmm… we should maybe look at that for v5.24). I believe that CycleStreets, which has its own proprietary OSM-based routing engine, also looks at cross streets.

Richard