[Tagging] Documenting my solution to a messy situation

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Sat Jan 23 10:21:28 UTC 2021

Le 23.01.21 à 10:49, Peter Neale via Tagging a écrit :
> I have had a challenge recently with naming some local streets, where
> “official” sources conflict with one another and a ground survey
> revealed a mess.

it would be interesting to explain your way of doing things here,
wouldn't it?

you can put them on the wiki
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:<your wiki username> or in your
diary https://www.openstreetmap.org/diary
and why not puttint the url in the note=* tag

in switzerland name=* get for what comes from the ground and
official_name for the official version when there is a conflict
with the field.
if there is a 3rd source, alt_name loc_name reg_name allow to
easily add the other names.