[Tagging] Street furniture tagging

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Sat Jan 23 13:51:03 UTC 2021

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 12:38:25 +0100
Daniel Koć <daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl> wrote:

> My tagging propositions are:
>
> - street_furniture=cyclist_rest
>
> - street_furniture=pedestrian_rest
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> I think this might be useful for many other types of street furniture
> and while it can be said that pedestrian rest is in fact a bench, I
> think it is basically different, as one can't sit on them.
>
> Some additional links that might help:
>
> - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_furniture
>
> - https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/street_furniture

There was a proposal for street furniture a long time ago:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Street_Furniture
I don't think we want to go there, i.e., introduce a new
street_furniture main key. Using the same main key for very different
things just because they all happen to be put into the public spaces of
urban environments does not really make sense.