[Tagging] Documenting my solution to a messy situation

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 22:22:32 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 23 Jan 2021, at 16:23, Peter Neale via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your guidance.  Now documented at:  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:PeterPan99
>
> ...just in case you are interested.

I believe you could add different tags for the name according to the council and according to the street sign. I do not understand why your solution for B is no name, as all sources you have checked do have a name.

Did you try to contact the people who have added the current names in OpenStreetMap?

Generally in “name” we put what is on the ground, but there is plenty of space for alternative realities in additional tags.

The street signs with 2 names on them look like being for 2 different streets.

Cheers Martin