[Tagging] Pedestrian access tagging

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 16:32:45 UTC 2021

I fear we are making a lot of noise about nothing.
If we know the legal foot access situation for the road we map it.. This
should be based on the road category plus additional signs if they are
present..
In any case any responsable pedestrian router would put an enormous penalty
for 80km/h traffic on a two-lane dual carriageway without shoulder or
sidepath (and maybe some addition for running on or close to military
ground.(in case of the first example)
If some suicidal jogger wants to run there nevertheless he can override the
router's instructions on his own risk.
Can we stop losing our time with this discussion.

Volker