[Tagging] Is information board title also its name?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Jan 28 19:47:34 UTC 2021

Jan 28, 2021, 20:42 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> sent from a phone
>

>> On 28 Jan 2021, at 20:04, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>>
>> Is
>> name=Iglesia San Pedro Nolasco de los Molinos
>> a valid tagging in this case?
>>
>> Or is it an incorrect tagging for the renderer?
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:board:title>>  and
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:information%3Dboard>>  claim otherwise
>> and describe board:title as proper tagging.
>>

> I would accept the name tag, at least this is what was generally done until now, and board:title was not discussed, nor was the depreciation of name for this (afair)
>
> 61,3% name on information=board (120k) vs. almost 3k board:title total use, it would be a change to the status quo

Treating usage of name here could be considered as error if information boards have no named of
any kind, and their titles are not names

Personally I would consider them as a named, with name being typically the same as a board title,
and it is not a descriptive name like it would be for say [natural=tree name=Pine].