[Tagging] reduction of the number of different keys talking about booking.com

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Sun Jan 31 17:33:05 UTC 2021

Le 31.01.21 à 17:40, Stefan Tauner a écrit :
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 17:28:12 +0100
> Marc_marc <marc_marc at mailo.com> wrote:
>
>> what's your feeling about that ?
>> which keys do you find the least valuable to keep and why ?
>
> Do they have publicly visible IDs that can be used
> to construct URLs or the like (cf. happycow thread)?

it's expected to be in the url
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P3607
said it's https://www.booking.com/hotel/$1.html
$1 is the id

but :

1) for https://www.booking.com/hotel/ro/cabana-fluturica
wikipedia rule fail : https://www.booking.com/hotel/$1.html
this url redirect to the same + .html + garbage.
So by hand, you can find the id in this case.
but I have a big doubt that editors implement this kind of thing.
so mapper 'll send full url to osm

2) for a id currently in osm : 1081613
the url https://www.booking.com/hotel/1081613.html is not a valid one.
if the contributor check his object on osm, no way to test it unless
someone was implementing tag2link for osm.org, which is currently not
the case.