[Tagging] A scheme for tennis practice walls

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 01:46:26 UTC 2021

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 00:55, Michele Galimberti <galimbertimichele at gmail.com>
wrote:

> - leisure=practice_pitch (29 uses on Taginfo)
> - sport=tennis
> - tennis=wall (3 uses)

That sounds good to me. It could apply to other practice pitches too. Much
more preferable than abusing the sport with sport=practice_tennis like we
have with sport=cricket_nets.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Asport%3Dcricket_nets.

A formal proposal is best because through the consultation we can refine
and improve the tags based on feedback, then ultimately let the community
decide via a vote. Once documented it gives better assurances that it's the
correct way to map something.