[Tagging] A scheme for tennis practice walls

Michele Galimberti galimbertimichele at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:13:08 UTC 2021

> That sounds good to me. It could apply to other practice pitches too. Much
> more preferable than abusing the sport with sport=practice_tennis like we
> have with sport=cricket_nets.
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Asport%3Dcricket_nets

Yes, I agree. We have two possibilities now:

sport=tennis
leisure=pitch
pitch=training_wall
or
sport=tennis
leisure=practice_pitch
tennis=wall

I like the second a little more, because we avoid the problem of
people/software assuming that leisure=pitch+sport=* is a full pitch and
because pitch=training_wall would be used almost exclusively for tennis
(like Pelota, that uses pitch only as it's their main pitch type).
leisure=practice_pitch could instead be used in other sports too, and wall
would go under the tennis tag.

I'd go with that and start preparing the proposal if everyone agrees