[Tagging] how to tag that it is not advisable to enter a lake

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:28:22 UTC 2021

uto, 6. srp 2021. u 15:09 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
napisao je:

> Is this something we can represent in OSM? Is there already tagging for
> it? Should the tag be specific (after all, there might be people who don't
> mind to have some leeches attached after a swim, AFAIK they are not
> dangerous)?

I think a note="Warning, leaches inside lake" will suffice. swimming=no
says it's not permitted, and this isn't the deal here. animal=leach isn't
used to document animals that habitate a place naturally. I think we
shouldn't have a tag like that, it's a very slippery slope. The only thing
that is left is the hazard=* tag. I wouldn't be opposed to hazard=leaches
on the lake way.

Janko