[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Key:harvesting

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 29 22:31:03 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 7/29/21 23:31, Joshua Carlson wrote:
> I would still maintain that foraging is just a *kind* of harvesting. For
> many plants, especially berries, the act of harvesting does not
> meaningfully differ whether done at commercial scale or by an
> individual, or whether the plants are wild or cultivated. The line
> between foraging and harvesting feels arbitrary.

I'd say harvesting is what plant has been planted for, and foraging is
an unimportant side activity.

If there's a vineyard and nobody is there to harvest, the vineyard has
missed its purpose. If there's a wild apple tree and nobody takes the
apples, then well, let the wasps have them - doesn't mean the tree is
useless.

Bye
Frederik