[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Survey Markers

David Marchal penegal.fr at protonmail.com
Sat Jun 5 06:40:28 UTC 2021

Hello, there!

How would the proposal accomodate such survey markers: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rep%C3%A8re_g%C3%A9og%C3%A9sique_ENSG_Champs_Marne_3.jpg?uselang=fr

These are common in France; the closer guess would be to say it is a plaque, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with it; I feel that a plaque implies a somewhat rectangular piece of metal with inscriptions on it. An intuitive name in French would be "cartouche", which is not a plaque stricto sensu.

Or it could be explicitly said in the proposal that the plaque may have any shape, as long as it is an object which is embedded on the surface of another one, such as a building.

Regards.