[Tagging] Is tag leisure=sports_hall suitable for riding halls?

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:18:25 UTC 2021

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 10 Jun 2021, at 11:47, Hufkratzer<hufkratzer at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> What does "imply the building with [...] covered=yes" mean? Does it mean just to map one object with leisure=pitch + covered=yes?
> yes
> you could then add another object with building=roof on top, if you like

If I like? And if I don't add it, does it make sense?

>> If I understand page key:covered correctly, covered=yes means that an object (the pitch) is covereed by some *other* object (the roof or perhaps a bridge); it does not mean that one object (the pitch) has a roof included in itself
> I don’t see a problem. What do you mean by “has a roof included in itself”?
>
> Cheers Martin

In
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2021-June/061725.html
you listed  "imply the building with [...] covered=yes" like it would be
an alternative for mapping the roof with building=roof, at least I had
interpreted it like that. But if one just maps one object with
leisure=pitch + covered=yes that is not a complete mapping of a covered
pitch if there is no other object that coveres it. Right? That is what I
meant and wanted to clarify. Some tags have covered=yes on their wiki
pages under "Useful combination", e.g. leisure=picnic_table. I suspect
that some people interpet covered=yes with "This feature includes a
roof.", see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Tag:leisure=picnic_table#Beispiele.