[Tagging] Disabled access on footpaths

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 19:28:55 UTC 2021

wheelchair=* is not a legal access access tag. It's about the physical
suitability of a way or node. Hence wheelchair most likely is ok also for
mobility scooter physical access. The legal aspect is a different aspect. I
guess ( but this is a guess) that in most countries wheelchairs and
mobility scooters can legally go where pedestrians and cyclists can. Hence
highway=path (implies foot=yesand bicycle=yes) plus wheelchair=yes would
describe a path suitable for wheelchair and mobility scooter.