[Tagging] sport without pitch but club : ok or tagging mistake ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 22:43:00 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 28 Jun 2021, at 22:28, bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What if I am a soccer fan but I don't like table soccer, darts or
> other indoor sports that much, but I want to watch the match with
> friends in a new neighborhood and we would also like to play pool
> while at it, hence I would want to query something to the effect of
> club=sport + club:sport=*soccer* + sport=*billiards* (whatever keys
> you come up for marking this up)? If you split this information to a
> separate entity (either to its own sports node or to a building way),
> you will lose the ability to realistically search for this.

If you model the spatial relationships (e.g. billiard is inside the club, geometrically a node within an “area”) you can realistically query for these with a spatial database.
And you’ll likely have to in order to get decent results, because a significant fraction of billiard tables will be modeled on their own rather than with a property.

For distinguishing building levels/floors there are tags, e.g. the level tag.

Cheers Martin