[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - nudism:designated

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 09:35:30 UTC 2021

Am Mo., 1. März 2021 um 10:05 Uhr schrieb Tamas Rell <tamasrell at gmail.com>:

> may I propose adding the :designated value, to nudism: key.
>
> Here are the details:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/nudism:designated

the proposed tag is nudism=designated, and the definition is nudism is
possible but one is not obligated (it wouldn't be strange if you wore a
bathing suit, or some people will be naked, and others won't, right?). IMHO
this would be a less strict value than nudism=yes, where the wiki states
"allowed and generally expected", and this would be strange, because
typically, "designated" is stronger than "yes". This is also in line what
the nudism page states: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:nudism

> Other frequently used values:* designated* - intended for nudist use by
> law or owner, something between "yes" and "obligatory"

Maybe I got your proposal wrong, but if the intention is for "designated"
to be looser than yes (generally expected), I believe a different name for
the value woul be required.

Cheers
Martin