[Tagging] Proposal - RFC - Lifeguard

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 22:39:48 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 at 03:05, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Lifeguard#Rationale
> is not explaining what is the point of deprecating multiple tags
> and switching to a new tagging.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Lifeguard#Reasons_for_Deprecating_Tags

"(This could also be simply lifeguard=base)" should resolved before
> starting vote

That is why I asked for input in the RFC two weeks ago.

The two descriptions that could mean the same thing are
lifeguard=rescue_station v lifeguard=base to describe a main lifeguard
building, where rescue equipment, vehicles etc are usually stored.

I think =rescue_station sums it up rather well, but am happy to go with
=base if that is the group preference?

Thanks

Graeme