[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - nudism:designated

Tamas Rell tamasrell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:32:07 UTC 2021

Good question!
Currently there's a topless=*
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:topless> key which should be used
only with the nudism key, not alone. On the nudism key page it is noted
that "nudism is not female topless practice" and we should use the topless
key.

There's a difference in the assessment of toplessness in America and in
Europe (I only have assumptions about the other continents). In North
America a topless woman is usually considered nude, even if the law allows
it (see also gender equality and topfreedom movement).
In Europe female topless sunbathing is (still) a lot more accepted than
nudism. It is not uncommon to see topless women on beaches (though not in
crowded ones), therefore a huge number of places could be marked as
topless. If we focus on legal status, nearly all European beaches are
topless.

Long story short: in Europe toplessness is seen very differently than
nudism. In North America it's mixed, but it's legal status is more relaxed
than nudism's (and getting even more relaxed). With these in mind I think
toplessness is not a form of nudism, but another way of sunbathing, and for
this reason I wouldn't keep them separated.

Cheers,
T.

Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. márc.
1., H, 23:25):