[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Barbershop

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 22:33:57 UTC 2021

> While I have never heard about the classic tricoloured poles outside, I
> believe we could have an additional style tag to distinguish the
> traditional style barbershops rather than a new main tag.

+1

If I were looking for a place to get a haircut, it's better if we can query
one tag.  However, traditional barbershops are culturally different from
other hair salons / hairdressers and there are people that personally
prefer the barbershop "experience".  Further, there are places that style
themselves as a barber shop, but will also cut women's hair, though they
may lack the more comprehensive services traditionally associated with
women's hair styles.  I see this distinction as similar to the "cuisine"
tag that we apply to restaurants, and I'd support a tag that distinguishes
barber shops from other types of hair establishments *within* the
shop=hairdresser tag.