[Tagging] Bridge highway=motorway classification

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 18:17:00 UTC 2021

Am Mi., 3. März 2021 um 18:18 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org>:

> Or maybe require motorway to be reasonably long segment, say 20km?
> If dual carriageway road would have traffic lights every 10km then tagging
> 1km of trunk + 8 km of motorway + 1km of trunk would be silly.

for motorways, in many areas we simply go by the legal status, motorway
start sign -> motorway starts, motorway end sign, it ends. Here is a 2-3km
long motorway: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1516331

(admittedly connected near one end to a crossing motorway, and a particular
situation, as it is in a city).

Cheers,
Martin