[Tagging] Deprecation - waterway=riverbank vs water=river

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Mar 6 07:38:02 UTC 2021

Mar 6, 2021, 07:18 by tomasstraupis at gmail.com:

>  We've raised the issue that this is happening. Isn't it up to DWG
> now to investigate?

My typical method of interacting with DWG is to assume that they
are right now dealing with edit war, someone sending death threats and
threatening to sue and someone importing several million objects without
discussing it with anyone.

And have no spare time for investigating about issue that someone
keeps posting about on mailing list after DWG representative requested
sending email to them about problems, if any.

If I am encountering a problem requiring block or mass revert beyond my
capabilities I am sending to DWG email detailing exact evidence what went
wrong, why user should be blocked etc.

Something along lines:
- I contacted USER on changesets LINK LINK LINK
- they continued to edit after I made changeset comment ( LINK )
- they ignored communication attempt and continued to add fictional
highway=proposed in edit LINK and failed to respond to
changeset comments listed above, I have got no reply using PM or anything else

or

- USER is making undiscussed automated edit in LINK LINK LINK
This change was not discussed with local community or on imports,
block is needed due to unreviewed import of hundreds of buildings
every 60 seconds.
We know that import is automated because in edits LINK LINK LINK
used added 1000+ buildings despite previous edit was 60 seconds earlier
and edits are happening every 60 seconds for last 3 hours.

(based on actual cases where DWG kept blocking in the first case until
user stopped adding fictional highway=proposed and
blocked + mass reverted second case - but descriptions may not match cases exactly)