[Tagging] Deprecation - waterway=riverbank vs water=river

80hnhtv4agou at bk.ru 80hnhtv4agou at bk.ru
Sat Mar 6 13:24:21 UTC 2021

DWG are the vandalisms police not an editorial body, Andy is just 1 out of 13 and i do not think we can
say DWG position is clear.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Deprecated_features
A   deprecated tag   or   deprecated feature   is tagging that is recommended by OpenStreetMap community consensus for removal and replacement with other tagging.
OpenStreetMap does not have "banned features", as anybody is allowed and encouraged to use   any tag they think is useful .
Under no circumstances should you automatically (or semi-automatically) change "deprecated" tags to something else in the database on a large scale without conforming to the   Automated Edits code of conduct . Any such edits will be reverted.