[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shrubbery

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Sun Mar 7 10:04:59 UTC 2021

Le 06.03.21 à 12:57, Vincent van Duijnhoven a écrit :
> I want to discuss an extension to the proposal

don't you think it's useful to make people vote as little as possible
before extending ? personally I'm already convinced that the definition
of the tag will not survive the practice, by impossibility to know who
planted it (man or nature), a characteristic that is not taken into
account for the vast majority of other elements (natural=tree does not
take into account if it's cultivated or not, natural=shrub either ...
and I see no reason to have all the tags in duplicate, one version
cultivated, the other version uncultivated

at the limit, this is much better informed in managed, especially as it
would allow more nuance (there is a difference between a hedge trimmed
well square almost like an object and an almost natural area where man
intervenes only to contain it a minimum).

> It should therefore also be possible to indicate that
> an area of shrubbery has a barrier function

mixing linear and area in one objet is a bad idea.
it requires that everyone implements a (hardcoded) logic to split
this linear+area object into these 2 components linear<>area