[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - trailblazed=poles;cairns

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 04:15:57 UTC 2021

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 11:16, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Mo., 8. März 2021 um 00:07 Uhr schrieb Peter Elderson <
> pelderson at gmail.com>:
>
>> trailblazed=yes on ways aims at simplicity.
>> trailblazed=<any other value> ruins the simplicity.
>>

> if you check for trailblazed=!no you can have your simplicity back and
> people can add more detail about the kind of trailblaze without key bloat

Agreed, I don't think adding extra detail where the mapper chooses is going
to make things too complex.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 10:07, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would think just to tag trailblazed=yes and, if you must, add
>
> colour=<green> and/or
> symbol=green_pole and/or
> osmc:symbol=green:green_round
>

> to the ways of the trail where it applies.

 i thought those tags were for documenting the wayfinding/route symbol used
on the trail markers, not for describing what the icon on a map rendering
should be.

ie. it would be wrong to say symbol=green_pole for green poles marking the
way, it would only be correct for posts which a green pole icon/symbol
painted on the post.