[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:43:49 UTC 2021

To complicate matters, highway=track is also used to map how to cross
fields, using agricultural vehicles or jeeps and often permitted for
pedestrians.Usually the borders of the area are used, and the "track" may
or may not be visible depending on seasonal activity, multi-year
scheduling, overgrowth etc.
Pedestrian passage is also often mapped as highway=path. Such a path may
not be visible at all, you just know the places where you enter and leave
the area and usually follow the edges or a waterway, or a temporary track
made by a tractor, which probably disappears within a few weeks.

Peter Elderson