[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - highway link

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Mar 10 08:27:18 UTC 2021

Current (correct) mapping practice at least with sidewalks and similar,
is to connect the way to the adjacent street at appropriate places (see
below for more on that), essentially just as you are proposing for
*=link. You don't mention that you intend to replace the current
practice at all as far as I can see.

The other issue is that you are assuming the US of A is everywhere,
there are lots of countries in which it is perfectly legal to cross
streets anywhere, except in the immediate vicinity of a crosswalk.
Actually if there is an issue with separate sidewalk mapping it is that
there is no well established way to indicate that, but you don't address
that at all.

Simon