[Tagging] Tanning Salons

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Mar 14 17:38:38 UTC 2021

The wiki [1] recommends tagging tanning salons as leisure=tanning_salon but
also shows similar tagging as shop=beauty + beauty=tanning. I don't believe
that JOSM has a tagging preset for tanning while iD uses shop=beauty +
beauty=tanning.

I'd like to recommend depreciation of leisure=tanning_salon in favor of
shop=beauty + beauty=tanning for two reasons. First is that  shop=beauty +
beauty=tanning has more uses and second and possibly more importantly
tanning salons don't fit well with the majority of leisure values, like
swimming pools, gardens, parks, golf courses.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dtanning_salon

Best,
Clifford

--