[Tagging] Tanning Salons

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Mar 14 19:21:18 UTC 2021

Am 14. März 2021 20:02:56 MEZ schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>:
>These certainly do exist in the USA, in most States
>
>https://www.tanrepublic.com/locations
>
>https://palmbeachtan.com/locations/states/

As a tendency I would consider anything that provides non-tanning bed tans, aka bronzer with more staff than just a reception, a beauty parlour.

But good to know that there is something similar to European tanning salons. FSVO 'good' naturally considering how controversial they are from a health POV.

>Etc. :
>https://topfranchise.com/articles/the-top-7-tanning-salon-franchise-businesses-in-usa-for-2019/
>
>these are special-purpose businesses in most cases, so I would be inclined
>to use a unique value for them, rather than lumping them in with other
>shop=beauty services.
>
>– Joseph Eisenberg
>
>On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 11:22 AM Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
>
>> This was already beaten to death the last time it was raised here.
>>
>> tl;dr
>>
>> - tanning salons are not beauty parlours (shop=beauty)
>>
>> - they are, often self-service, tanning facilities, that if moved to
>> anywhere else, should be moved to amenity
>>
>> - iD being wrong is not an argument
>>
>> - yes they don't seem to exist in the states, so I would suggest simply
>> not to map them, which should be -real- easy.
>> Am 14.03.2021 um 18:38 schrieb Clifford Snow:
>>
>> The wiki [1] recommends tagging tanning salons as leisure=tanning_salon
>> but also shows similar tagging as shop=beauty + beauty=tanning. I don't
>> believe that JOSM has a tagging preset for tanning while iD
>> uses shop=beauty + beauty=tanning.
>>
>> I'd like to recommend depreciation of leisure=tanning_salon in favor of
>> shop=beauty + beauty=tanning for two reasons. First is that  shop=beauty +
>> beauty=tanning has more uses and second and possibly more importantly
>> tanning salons don't fit well with the majority of leisure values, like
>> swimming pools, gardens, parks, golf courses.
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dtanning_salon
>>
>> Best,
>> Clifford
>>
>> --
>> @osm_washington
>> www.snowandsnow.us
>> OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit Kaiten Mail gesendet.