[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Find A Grave cemetery and grave IDs

Seth Price sprice623 at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 02:25:01 UTC 2021

Forgot to write about those, my bad.  Primary sources—aside from one’s own field research of the literal grave markings or signs, which isn’t a viable source according to Wikimedia—is VERY hard to come by in rural areas; tons of my colleagues’ and my own work on Find A Grave has come from knocking on people’s doors and asking “Do y’all got a name for that there graveyard?”  Third point doesn’t particularly apply, unless I’m misunderstanding it.—Seth Price
-------- Original message --------From: Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> Date: 3/14/21  07:50  (GMT-05:00) To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging at openstreetmap.org> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Find A Grave cemetery and
  grave IDs On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 at 22:57, Seth Price via Tagging<tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:>> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Notability> From the page: “It [must contain] at least one valid sitelink to a page on Wikipedia,> Wikivoyage, Wikisource, Wikiquote, Wikinews, Wikibooks, Wikidata, Wikispecies,> Wikiversity, or Wikimedia Commons.”That is indeed some of what the page says, but not all of it. It isbut the first of three criteria that determine whether to create anitem on Wikidata. The vast majority of Wikidata items do not meet thatcriteria, but are created under the other two; those being:"2. It refers to an instance of a clearly identifiable conceptual ormaterial entity. The entity must be notable, in the sense that it canbe described using serious and publicly available references.3. It fulfills a structural need, for example: it is needed to makestatements made in other items more useful."-- Andy Mabbett at pigsonthewinghttp://pigsonthewing.org.uk_______________________________________________Tagging mailing listTagging at openstreetmap.orghttps://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging