[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Find A Grave cemetery and grave IDs

Yves ycai at mailbox.org
Sun Mar 14 08:03:56 UTC 2021

I'm not found of external ids in OSM, but I don't really care about cemeteries, so I don't really bother.

However, a few open questions: I wonder if the other way around is doable: extend findagrave data with geo coordinates picked from OSM map. At least we could hope that their users might add or maintain cemeteries in OSM and enrich our data.
Also, what about licensing? Their data is crowdsourced, sure, but is it open? If not, are we allowed to use their ids? Do we feel like to?
Yves