[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - trailblazed=poles;cairns

Jaromír Mikeš mira.mikes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 05:43:20 UTC 2021

Hello,

on proposal page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/trailblazed%3Dpoles;cairns
I am now suggesting these values for trailblazer tag:
trailblazed=yes
trailblazed=no
trailblazed=poles
trailblazed=cairns
trailblazed=symbols
trailblazed=ribbons
trailblazed=markers

There was a suggestion on discussion  page to remove markers value and
markers merge with symbols value.
The reason for this is frequent difficulty to distinguish between marker
and symbol. I tried solve this by improving definition of both,
but I am still not sure about the result.
Other thoughts I have are about value ribbons ... Ribbons are usually used
just for temporary marking and they are not very common for
"serious" marking ... So I think maybe just remove this value and mention
them in description for symbols or "yes" value?
Than would by proposal like this:
trailblazed=yes
trailblazed=no
trailblazed=poles
trailblazed=cairns
trailblazed=symbols

I would like to hear your opinions and suggestions

thank you
mira

po 15. 3. 2021 v 14:12 odesílatel Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com>