[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - trailblazed=poles;cairns

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Mon Mar 8 14:11:26 UTC 2021

Hello,

Le 07.03.21 à 19:03, Jaromír Mikeš a écrit :
> I am proposing trailblazed=poles and trailblazed=cairns to get
> possibility tag trails which are marked by poles or by cairns
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/trailblazed%3Dpoles;cairns <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/trailblazed%3Dpoles;cairns>

I find this tag too specific, it implies that another tag would be
needed for the bike routes and so for each mode where it could be necessary.

Wouldn't support:symbol do the job and be more integrated
with the symbol tag ?
support:symbol=pole =tree =house =rock =ground =street_cabinet
for cairn, it's the support for a symbol ? or the cairn itselft is
the marker without any symbol on it ? if so, maybe symbol=cairn

Regards,
Marc