[Tagging] Proposal - Library of things and Tool library

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Mar 18 09:59:22 UTC 2021

In general: thanks for making this proposal!

One question, as such objects are unknown to me:
is it acting as actual public library (rental is nearly free) or is it rental shop
using "library" for branding/advertisement purposes and there are noticeable fees?

In other words - would fee=no be applicable (or implied) tag?

Can you maybe make photo of such object? And upload it to Wikimedia Commons
under an open license?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
or at least to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Special:Upload

That could be used both on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Library_of_things_and_Tool_library
and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Things pages and help to explain it for people
unfamiliar with it
(someone linked image of one somewhere, maybe on Discord, what really
helped to explain what is this - better than text description).

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dboat_rental
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dcar_rental
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dbicycle_rental
are related, but you clearly need to pay there (unless tagged with fee=no)

Mar 17, 2021, 19:53 by imagoiq at posteo.net: