[Tagging] webpage=*

Tamas Rell tamasrell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:16:42 UTC 2021

We can tag Wikipedia pages or Facebook pages, but that is still a "website"
for that map object. Think of two restaurants with two different points of
representation on the web: one has its own website, the other just a
Facebook page. Both are managed by the restaurant's staff, both can be
accessed directly with a url and the focus of information is the restaurant
in both cases. So the only thing that's different is whether their url's
top domain also serves other restaurants.

It's completely indifferent for map *users* if a website or webpage will
open if they click on that link. They need detailed information about the
restaurant and don't care if it's a Facebook page or an own domain.
I think it's way-way more important to have a standard format that
applications can rely on, recognize the tag as a web url and show it to the
users that way. If we start to use 5 different tags for basically the same
thing (it's the same for the user) then we just make everyone's life harder.

Cheers,
Tamás

Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. márc. 18., Cs,
14:55):