[Tagging] webpage=*

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 12:56:48 UTC 2021

I like Zeke's simplicity though. However url might be to technical and
source for confusion again with URI
(https://danielmiessler.com/study/difference-between-uri-url/).
Why don't we use a common word for url / website / webpage, like
webaddress=* or internet_address=*.
Everything can fit there.

I see no added value using a prefix or suffix by the mapper.
The type of address it refers to is defined by the scheme in the URI or
URL.

For data consumers or OSM API it is, to avoid being truncated (we still
have a 255 limit on values
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/2025).
So if webaddress=* or internet_address=* or even the existing webpage=*
and website=* need suffixes/prefixes if you want to store more then one
url or even long url's.  URL's don't have a 255 limit.

Greetings,

Bert Araali