[Tagging] Mapping nonexistent paths

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 00:28:49 UTC 2021

trail_visibilty=no meaning there is no evidence of a path on the ground,
except there is some connection implied there eg. a walking route passes
through it.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:trail_visibility

But I like the sound of virtual=yes as it's less limited to hiking paths.

> informal=yes is for existent paths (indication of usage) that are not
planned or built but have come into existence through usage.

Agreed.