[Tagging] Low Emission Zones

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Mar 23 14:19:04 UTC 2021

Mar 23, 2021, 15:07 by tagging at openstreetmap.org:

> Hi
>
> There is a boundary tag for various restrictions on motor vehicle entering a city:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary=low_emission_zone
>
> This is fine to give a general indication of its layout, but there appears to be no tags for nodes on the highways.
>
> How are sat-nav routers aware of such a restriction?

No idea whether anything process it, but current data should be usable.

Preprocessing data and applying special rule to ways within area
tagged with specific tags is certainly doable.

Why "tags for nodes on the highways" would be needed?

> Would highway=low_emission_zone work?

No idea, as I have no idea what you are proposing here.

Are you proposing to make mapping more complicated
(duplicating boundary=low_emission_zone) based on
assumption that it will make data more useful for routers?