[Tagging] How to tag a narrow cul de sac without turning possibility

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:06:36 UTC 2021

Am Mi., 24. März 2021 um 08:10 Uhr schrieb Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com
>:

> The noexit=yes is defined to serve mappers. It is not stating that I need
> to retreat in reverse gear, if I enter the road by mistake.
>
> These are not alleys. They are residential roads. I live in one of them.
> My property entrance, with house number, mailbox and door bell, is there.

IMHO they qualify for the service=alley tag when they are very narrow (or
slightly wider and leading nowhere/to backsides of properties, like your
2nd example), from your examples, they could be all seen as service. It has
not to do with door bell, mailbox and housenumber (these could all exist
even without any road, not an argument for highway=residential IMHO).

Cheers,
Martin