[Tagging] How to tag a narrow cul de sac without turning possibility

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 12:09:59 UTC 2021

Please note that the Wiki page for Alley has been changed completely both
in appearance and in contents, including the very definition of the tag on
20 February 2021 by user Ftrebien
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ftrebien>
I do not remember to have seen a discussion of this re-definition.

I prefer "residential" for streets individual residential houses that have
no other access for pedestrians and cars.

But the road classification is anyhow not the main point of my post. The
main point is to tell routers reliably that these roads will oblige
delivery vehicles to use reverse gear to get out.
(I live exactly at the end of one of my examples, and I know by experience
that delivery vans try to enter)