[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Discouraging the use of deprecated schemes

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:14:56 UTC 2021

 I am not a fan of chat-like platforms for serious content discussions. It
tends to blur the issue and has a high risk of conflict instead of
co-operation. Discord goes MS I heard, that's no recommendation.

Openstreetmap forum https://forum.openstreetmap.org/index.php works fine,
keeps subjects together including history and search, and you can stay out
of things you don't want to be involved in.
It has national forums for side discussions by country.  PIctures and links
can be included in the messages. Quoting is easy; there is optional email
notification.

A tagging sub-forum is not currently present, but I am sure it can be
arranged.

Peter Elderson