[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Discouraging the use of deprecated schemes

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Wed Mar 24 17:04:53 UTC 2021

Am 24.03.2021 um 15:14 schrieb Peter Elderson:
> I am not a fan of chat-like platforms for serious content discussions.
> It tends to blur the issue and has a high risk of conflict instead of
> co-operation. Discord goes MS I heard, that's no recommendation.
>
> Openstreetmap forum https://forum.openstreetmap.org/index.php
> <https://forum.openstreetmap.org/index.php> works fine, keeps subjects
> together including history and search, and you can stay out of things
> you don't want to be involved in.Â
> It has national forums for side discussions by country. PIctures and
> links can be included in the messages. Quoting is easy; there is
> optional email notification.
>
> A tagging sub-forum is not currently present, but I am sure it can be
> arranged.Â

But then we have to think about another forum that is mutilinar - Slack
or other collaboration software, for example, is ideal for this.These
combine easy entry into groups with the features of forums and mail
lists.As with an email, you can always reply to a specific post and thus
open a new thread - i.e. open a subline.Especially here in tagging I
speak clearly against a forum in its current form, since the discussions
taking place here cannot be represented linearly and so the overview is
greatly lost.