[Tagging] Voting tombs proposal

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:31:46 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 25 Mar 2021, at 12:41, Marc_marc <marc_marc at mailo.com> wrote:
>
> And so we can still use historic=tombs for tombs with historic
> signifiance and man_made=tombs for tombs without a historic signifiance

Please be aware that “historic” is not about (elevated) historic significance, it is about things “that are of historic interest”. Any tomb is of historic interest.

I have seen last month someone has documented  man_made=tomb for “A tomb without historical value.”, it has 153 uses currently, compared to 28.000 historic=tomb

My suggestion is to discourage the man_made tag and do it the other way round: add qualifying tags to those particular and outstanding tombs with the reasons for their significance.

Cheers Martin