[Tagging] How to tag a narrow cul de sac without turning possibility

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 09:17:52 UTC 2021

Could you make a link to the redefintion ?

What I can see from the history is only layout changes and moving
medieval town alleys (with reference to Europe as example but not
restrictive) to a separate section with image examples.
Something we should encourage I think, adding clear examples to reflect
a tags use. These "medieval" alleys also exist in African, Asian and
other countries outside the US and Europe. Actually, we should extend
"Medieval" to a more broader term, because these alleys appear also in
new and pre- and post-medieval cities and towns.

That would be an extension of the definition, not a redefinition.
Shouldn't we discuss that, and if you want vote on it ?

So I would encourage to extend the "Medieval" section, created now, with
even more examples from across the world (as the one from Taiwan given
in this thread, other pre-medieval cities from across the world and
post-medieval and new cities from across the world). Do we want a
proposal process for adding examples of proven use in the wiki?

And if you want, bringing your cul-de-sac example maybe in it, because
essentially, the problem as you describe, no Uturn possibility for
larger vehicles is a characteristic of all alleys isn't it ?

Greetings,

Bert Araali