[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:31:04 UTC 2021

Mateusz Konieczny:

> Mar 25, 2021, 22:51 by pelderson at gmail.com:
>
> Florian Lohoff:
>

> Hi,
> i got into a discussion whether cemetery parking belongs within the
> landuse=cemetery (Which i think it does) and the mapper changing
> that pointed me to tag:landuse=cemetery which does indeed state
> that "nearby parking" should not be within that landuse.
>

> I would probably map obviously dedicated parkings within the landuse, and
> nearby non-dedicated parking lots separately. If I can't be sure, I
> think it's safest to map a separate parking lot.
>
> Does it have any practical consequence?
>
> In some cases including nearby parkings would result in mapping cemetery
> areas completely mismatching what people living there would consider as
> a cemetery area.

Sure, I guess nobody would include that, but would anything go wrong? Would
people start to bury there? It's still just parking.  And if an inside
parking is excluded from the landuse, would people start parking there to
visit their aunt living nearby?

If an adjacent parking is signed as "cemetery visitors only" and has an
entrance to to cemetery, I don't think it hurts to include it in the
'landuse'. Enough examples of inclusion are already coming in. I am not so
sure the wiki page describes actual usage objectively.

And that's all I have to say on this matter! Up to more important things
such as hiking routes!