[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Mar 26 10:43:06 UTC 2021

Mar 26, 2021, 11:31 by pelderson at gmail.com:

> Mateusz Konieczny:
>
>> Mar 25, 2021, 22:51 by >> pelderson at gmail.com>> :
>>
>>> Florian Lohoff:

>>> I would probably map obviously dedicated parkings within the landuse, and nearby non-dedicated parking lots separately. If I can't be sure, I think it's safest to map a separate parking lot.
>>>
>>> Does it have any practical consequence?
>>>
>> In some cases including nearby parkings would result in mapping cemetery
>> areas completely mismatching what people living there would consider as
>> a cemetery area.
>>

> Sure, I guess nobody would include that, but would anything go wrong?

OSM data would be of lower quality, maps rendered from OSM data would be low quality
(at least in places where everyone agrees that parking is not part of cemetery).

Use of OSM data would require manual fixup to undo such damage before use
(in cases where cemetery geometries are important).

>  Would people start to bury there? It's still just parking.

Hopefully people are not going to do THAT.

Though from looking at
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=your+GPS+is+wrong&iax=images&ia=images
and reading articles about such problems...