[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 20:53:11 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 25 Mar 2021, at 22:27, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:
>
> IMHO this does not make sense when in a landuse=retail the parking lots
> are _within_ the landuse, and in case of landuse=cemetery they are not.

I would not include the parking in the cemetery unless it is inside (assuming that the cemetery is walled or fenced). Retail parking is also only included if it belongs to the retail area, nearby parking isn’t included.

Agree with what Tobias wrote, the landuse key is messed up and sometimes used for features (cemeteries) in other cases for the use of land (retail). If you split a landuse=cemetery you get 2 cemeteries (by common interpretation), when you split a landuse=retail, nothing changes (the same area of land is tagged as retail landuse).

Cheers Martin