[Tagging] Fall protection mats on playgrounds

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Mar 29 20:03:02 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-03-29 at 20:33 +0100, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 at 20:04, Toggenburger Lukas <
> Lukas.Toggenburger at fhgr.ch> wrote:
> > 
> > Do any native English speakers care to comment? Of course any
> > feedback on how to proceed is also welcome!
> > 
> The terms I've found are shock absorbing, impact absorbing and impact
> attenuating (the last is also used by BS EN 1177).  New Zealand seems
> to call them "playground tiles" which is a very bad name for them.
Tiles seems a bad name if they are like the ones here which are a
single piece under each piece of equipment.

Probably made out of recycled tyres and looks like asphalt, except it
bounces whan I walk on it.

Phil (trigpoint)

More information about the Tagging mailing list