[Tagging] Fall protection mats on playgrounds

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 19:33:05 UTC 2021

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 at 20:04, Toggenburger Lukas <Lukas.Toggenburger at fhgr.ch>

> Do any native English speakers care to comment? Of course any feedback on
> how to proceed is also welcome!

The terms I've found are shock absorbing, impact absorbing and impact
attenuating (the last is also used by BS EN 1177).  New Zealand seems
to call them "playground tiles" which is a very bad name for them.

impact_attenuator is probably the best term.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20210329/f190142d/attachment.htm>

More information about the Tagging mailing list