[Tagging] healthcare=alternative + sport=yoga

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Wed Mar 31 17:43:57 UTC 2021

>> On 31 Mar 2021, at 17:41, Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>> For yoga studios that hold group classes, I've always tagged
>> leisure=fitness_centre + sport=yoga.
>
> I find these 2 tags are both stretching the idea of sports beyond what would seem appropriate classification to me, but maybe yoga studios differ a lot around the globe. I have always had the impression that yoga was more about meditation than about sports.

This tag combo is what iD assigns for yoga studios, so it's pretty
pervasive. I agree that it's not perfect. I wouldn't mind seeing an
amenity=yoga tag or somesuch that could cover the whole spectrum of
possibilities, from fitness training to spiritual practice, with
optional subtags to nail down the details. It's outside of my sphere but
I imagine there are yogis and yoginis in the OSM world who'll take up
this cause eventually.

Jason